Welcome to my homepage. I am a Professor in Bioinformatics at the Computational Biology Unit and the Department of Informatics at the University of Bergen (CV). My overall research interest is to develop and apply statistical and machine learning approaches to understand how genetic, epigenetic and gene expression variation cause variation in complex traits and diseases in human. If you are interested in joining my group, check for current vacancies, or send me an email.
Selected recent publications
- Wang L, Michoel T. Accurate wisdom of the crowd from unsupervised dimension reduction. Royal Society Open Science.
- Michoel T. Analytic solution and stationary phase approximation for the Bayesian lasso and elastic net. Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems 31 (NeurIPS 2018).
- Wang L, Michoel T. Efficient and accurate causal inference with hidden confounders from genome-transcriptome variation data. PLOS Computational Biology. Methods Article
- Talukdar H, Foroughi Asl H, Jain R, Ermel R, Ruusalepp A, Franzén O, Kidd B, Readhead B, Giannarelli C, Ivert T, Dudley J, Civelek M, Lusis A, Schadt E, Skogsberg J, Michoel T*, Björkegren J*. Cross-tissue regulatory gene networks in coronary artery disease. Cell Systems. (* Shared last authors) Editorial Preview ECCB2016 Highlight
- Foroughi Asl H, Talukdar H, Kindt A, Jain R, Ermel R, Ruusalepp A, Nguyen K-D, Dobrin R, Reilly D, CARDIoGRAM Consortium, Schunkert H, Samani N, Braenne I, Erdmann J, Melander O, Qi J, Ivert T, Skogsberg J, Schadt E, Michoel T*, Björkegren J*. Expression quantitative trait loci acting across multiple tissues are enriched in inherited risk of coronary artery disease. Circulation: Cardiovascular Genetics (* Shared last authors).
- Bonnet E, Calzone L, Michoel T. Integrative multi-omics module network inference with Lemon-Tree. PLOS Computational Biology. Software Article