Welcome to the Systems Genomics group. We are a computational biology research group in the Division of Genetics & Genomics at the Roslin Institute at the University of Edinburgh. Our research is centred around the development and application of analytical methods and software to model the complex variations of traits and diseases between cell types, tissues and individuals using large-scale multi-omics data. Our work greatly benefits from collaborations with partners from human and veterinary medicine and other disciplines. Members of the lab come from a wide range of scientific backgrounds. If you are interested in joining us, check for current vacancies, or send an email with funding sources you wish to apply for.
- Wang L, Michoel T. Efficient and accurate causal inference with hidden confounders from genome-transcriptome variation data. PLOS Computational Biology. Methods Article
- Talukdar H, Foroughi Asl H, Jain R, Ermel R, Ruusalepp A, Franzén O, Kidd B, Readhead B, Giannarelli C, Ivert T, Dudley J, Civelek M, Lusis A, Schadt E, Skogsberg J, Michoel T*, Björkegren J*. Cross-tissue regulatory gene networks in coronary artery disease. Cell Systems. (* Shared last authors) Editorial Preview ECCB2016 Highlight
- Banks C, Joshi A*, Michoel T*. Functional transcription factor target discovery via compendia of binding and expression profiles. Scientific Reports (* Shared last authors).
- Michoel T. Natural coordinate descent algorithm for L1-penalised regression in generalised linear models. Computational Statistics & Data Analysis.
- Foroughi Asl H, Talukdar H, Kindt A, Jain R, Ermel R, Ruusalepp A, Nguyen K-D, Dobrin R, Reilly D, CARDIoGRAM Consortium, Schunkert H, Samani N, Braenne I, Erdmann J, Melander O, Qi J, Ivert T, Skogsberg J, Schadt E, Michoel T*, Björkegren J*. Expression quantitative trait loci acting across multiple tissues are enriched in inherited risk of coronary artery disease. Circulation: Cardiovascular Genetics (* Shared last authors).
- Bonnet E, Calzone L, Michoel T. Integrative multi-omics module network inference with Lemon-Tree. PLOS Computational Biology. Software Article