Welcome to my homepage. I am a Professor in Bioinformatics at the Computational Biology Unit and the Department of Informatics at the University of Bergen (CV). My overall research aim is to understand how genetic, epigenetic and gene expression variation cause variation in health and disease traits in human, using statistical and machine learning approaches. If you are interested in joining my group, check for current vacancies, or send me an email.
Selected recent publications
- Michoel T. Analytic solution and stationary phase approximation for the Bayesian lasso and elastic net. Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems 31 (NeurIPS 2018).
- Wang L, Michoel T. Efficient and accurate causal inference with hidden confounders from genome-transcriptome variation data. PLOS Computational Biology. Methods Article
- Talukdar H, Foroughi Asl H, Jain R, Ermel R, Ruusalepp A, Franzén O, Kidd B, Readhead B, Giannarelli C, Ivert T, Dudley J, Civelek M, Lusis A, Schadt E, Skogsberg J, Michoel T*, Björkegren J*. Cross-tissue regulatory gene networks in coronary artery disease. Cell Systems. (* Shared last authors) Editorial Preview ECCB2016 Highlight
- Banks C, Joshi A*, Michoel T*. Functional transcription factor target discovery via compendia of binding and expression profiles. Scientific Reports (* Shared last authors).
- Foroughi Asl H, Talukdar H, Kindt A, Jain R, Ermel R, Ruusalepp A, Nguyen K-D, Dobrin R, Reilly D, CARDIoGRAM Consortium, Schunkert H, Samani N, Braenne I, Erdmann J, Melander O, Qi J, Ivert T, Skogsberg J, Schadt E, Michoel T*, Björkegren J*. Expression quantitative trait loci acting across multiple tissues are enriched in inherited risk of coronary artery disease. Circulation: Cardiovascular Genetics (* Shared last authors).
- Bonnet E, Calzone L, Michoel T. Integrative multi-omics module network inference with Lemon-Tree. PLOS Computational Biology. Software Article