Welcome to my homepage. I am a Professor in Bioinformatics at the Computational Biology Unit and the Department of Informatics at the University of Bergen (CV). My research uses statistical and machine learning methods to integrate and analyse genetic, epigenetic and gene expression data to understand how variations between individuals at these molecular levels cause variation in health and disease traits in human. If you are interested in joining my group, check for current vacancies, or send me an email.
- Wang L, Michoel T. Efficient and accurate causal inference with hidden confounders from genome-transcriptome variation data. PLOS Computational Biology. Methods Article
- Talukdar H, Foroughi Asl H, Jain R, Ermel R, Ruusalepp A, Franzén O, Kidd B, Readhead B, Giannarelli C, Ivert T, Dudley J, Civelek M, Lusis A, Schadt E, Skogsberg J, Michoel T*, Björkegren J*. Cross-tissue regulatory gene networks in coronary artery disease. Cell Systems. (* Shared last authors) Editorial Preview ECCB2016 Highlight
- Banks C, Joshi A*, Michoel T*. Functional transcription factor target discovery via compendia of binding and expression profiles. Scientific Reports (* Shared last authors).
- Michoel T. Natural coordinate descent algorithm for L1-penalised regression in generalised linear models. Computational Statistics & Data Analysis.
- Foroughi Asl H, Talukdar H, Kindt A, Jain R, Ermel R, Ruusalepp A, Nguyen K-D, Dobrin R, Reilly D, CARDIoGRAM Consortium, Schunkert H, Samani N, Braenne I, Erdmann J, Melander O, Qi J, Ivert T, Skogsberg J, Schadt E, Michoel T*, Björkegren J*. Expression quantitative trait loci acting across multiple tissues are enriched in inherited risk of coronary artery disease. Circulation: Cardiovascular Genetics (* Shared last authors).
- Bonnet E, Calzone L, Michoel T. Integrative multi-omics module network inference with Lemon-Tree. PLOS Computational Biology. Software Article